Projects by Mail - Checklist and Procedures
This service Terra Nova offers is one that we have offered for
many years. It is for those clients that cannot attend the mastering
session in person. As so many of our clients are out of the Austin
area, this provides a way to get the project mastered long distance.
The ease of express mail, e-mail, faxes, and the internet, makes
the process accessible to everyone, no matter where you live.
If you wish to use this service, print out the 3- page form.
Read through the form carefully, follow instructions and then
fill out completely. Please see the checklist to be sure you
have included all the materials.
Important: We require that you send us a copy of the
final mixes for preview by our engineers BEFORE we actually
master the project. This, along with your engineer's name and
phone number. You will be contacted if changes are required before
you send the project.
- Forms filled out completely (make copies for yourself )
- Formats of your material (again, keep safety copies for
- Labels on all formats you send to us.
- Detailed notes and specific instructions you may have (song
sequence, fades, etc.)
- That you have contacted Diane, either by phone, fax, or
e-mail to alert and let her know that the project is
The Procedure :
- As soon as we receive your project, we read and inspect the
package to make sure you have included all
- We will contact you directly and let you know that
you have been put on the “Projects By Mail”schedule.
- We will also let you know the turn around time for your project.
Always allow at least seven business days turn around for your
As the engineer works on your project, there may be
questions he has about the recording. He will contact you
or your engineer to get further instructions or let you know
if there are any problems.
- When the mastering is completed, we
will contact you with the total of your invoice before we run
your credit card.
- Your project will be sent to you according
to your instructions on the form . You will be given an express
airbill number for your project.
- When you receive your project,
please read all the attached info BEFORE you play your CD
masters. Never proof a
master on a computer or on the same speakers that the project
was mixed or recorded on.
- You will need to let us
know that you have proofed your CD masters and that there
are no further changes to the project. We will replace
defective masters at no charge.
- If there are changes
to be made to the mastering itself, the client will be charged
the regular hourly rate plus the additional shipping and
The "Projects by Mail" forms can be downloaded below
in both Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word formats: